cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference Éxchange Mailbox'and 'Shared'archive?

Simon_Eijs
Level 3
Partner

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the difference between an 'Exchange mailbox' and 'Shared' archive (in EV8, but I guess this was already in pre-EV8 also). I mean, you can create a new 'Shared' archive, but you cannot create an 'Exchange mailbox' one.

Are they related, or complety different?

When I want to create an archive used for 'mailbox archiving' which one should be used?

Thanks, Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
A shared archive is an archive shared by multiple people, which is created specifically for this purpose. (e.g. a "Project" archive for multiple people) A mailbox archive is associated with a single mailbox, and it usually belongs to the mailbox user. A mailbox archive is automatically created if you enable the user for archiving, so no need to create one. Hope this helps Cheers Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
A shared archive is an archive shared by multiple people, which is created specifically for this purpose. (e.g. a "Project" archive for multiple people) A mailbox archive is associated with a single mailbox, and it usually belongs to the mailbox user. A mailbox archive is automatically created if you enable the user for archiving, so no need to create one. Hope this helps Cheers Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.