cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Schedules?

Meg_G
Level 4

Using EV 8.0 SP3, is it possible to schedule different provisioning groups to run the archiving task at different times?  Singple exchange 2k3 server, single EV server.  This is what I'm looking for...

Provisioning group 1 - Shared, Service mailboxes - immediate archiving and indexing of all data to ensure all data is immediately sent to the archive.  Indexing is the key here.  No shortcut creation until 6 months, so the original item is in the mailbox and archive until 6 months after it is archived.
Provisioning group 2 - Other users, daily archiving in evening of items older than 6 months.  Create shortcuts and index as soon as data is archived.  Desktop policies for vault cache enabled.
Provisioning group 3 - Other users, daily archiving in evening of items older than 6 months.  Create shortcuts and index as soon as data is archived.  Desktop policies for vault cache disabled.
Provisioning group 4 - Old employees.  No desktop policies.  Everything archived.

I was thinking I could enable/disable archiving per provisioning group depending on the times I want them to be running, and then the archiving task.  Seems like there's no way to automate this?

Any suggestions?  Could I do it through the database and issue a SQL command againt it to set the provisioning groups to enabled when necessary?  I'm fairly new to this...sorry!

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
the schedules unfortunately are based on the tasks for the entire exchange server and not provisioning groups
you'd have to do something pretty elaborate , but yeah you could go through and flip the ArchiveStatus in the database

so like

schedule run from 12-1, UPDATE Archive SET ArchiveStatus = 2 WHERE ArchiveID = abcd123
then schedule run from 1-2, undo what you did above and then run another query against your next users

i guess the question would be.......why would you want to do this?!
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Meg_G
Level 4
I'd like to do it so that the data in the shared mailboxes is quickly indexed so it can be searched by users accessing the mailbox through EV (approx 50...looking at 500 emails a day).  I don't care about the individual user mailboxes being able to search immediately.

I find the exchange indexing to be rather crummy, and am really sick of people using Google desktop, xobni, etc. against my mail server and then complaining that outlook is slow.  Just trying to get as many benefits out of this as possible.