cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable EV 11 search banner

PoorAdmin
Level 6

I have just upgrde to EV 11. After the upgrade there were 2 issues that stood out. First, when I go to what was archive explorer there is a banner at the top that says "Enterprise Vault Search" when you click on the banner it displays documentation and video information. How can this be disabled? Next, my users can no longer delete their archives. there is no option on the right-click and the button at the top does nothing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

there is a banner at the top that says "Enterprise Vault Search" when you click on the banner it displays documentation and video information. How can this be disabled?

Any specific reason why you want to disable the quick links pane?

Next, my users can no longer delete their archives. there is no option on the right-click and the button at the top does nothing

User can delete items from archive once you enable below options.

1) In the SITE properties enable "User can delete items from their archives"
2) In the Search Policy enable "Allow Delete operations"
3) Open IIS and recycle EVOnlineWebSearch application pool

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Firstly i don't believe you can disable the banner, you could edit the Shell.aspx but it would be an unsupported change and could have unforseen consequences etc.

As for the delete, have you allowed them to delete based on the Search policy and made sure people are correctly provisioned for the correct search policy?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

there is a banner at the top that says "Enterprise Vault Search" when you click on the banner it displays documentation and video information. How can this be disabled?

Any specific reason why you want to disable the quick links pane?

Next, my users can no longer delete their archives. there is no option on the right-click and the button at the top does nothing

User can delete items from archive once you enable below options.

1) In the SITE properties enable "User can delete items from their archives"
2) In the Search Policy enable "Allow Delete operations"
3) Open IIS and recycle EVOnlineWebSearch application pool