cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable and Deleted Mailboxes Causing Error During Archiving Run

PeterWendell
Level 4

We are just implementing Exchange Mailbox Archiving with EV 10.0.4, We have been using journal archiving for some time. I had a couple of user's who left, and was testing a procedure for moving the contents of their mailboxes to EV and then deleting them from Exchange and AD. However, after doing so I am receiving a warning event #3454 during the archiving run and the archiving report is showing a "Warning not Provisioned" error for both mailboxes. Here is the procedure I followed to get where I am. The mailboxes were not already enabled for archiving.

1. Put both users in a provisioning group associated with a policy to archive all items immediately and create no shortcuts.
  2. Manully ran the provisioning task.
  3. Manually enabled both mailboxes for archiving using the VAC.
  4. Manually ran the archiving task to process all items for both mailboxes.
  5. Verfied the archiving task completed without errors.
  6. Waited overnight for the backups to run and items to be deleted from the Exchange Mailboxes.
  7. Verified the Mailboxes were empty and that the archives were healthy.
  8. Disable the mailboxes for archiving in the VAC
  9. Removed them from the provisioning group.
  10. Deleted the Exchange MBs and AD accounts.

Provisoning, synchronization and archiving tasks have been running normally for the last few days, with the exception of the above errors.

I would appreciate any advice on both how to tell EV to stop trying to archive these mailboxes and on how to modify my procedure so that this doesn't happen in the future.

I appreciate any input.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ManishN
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Rob article is fantastic!

When you run the provisioning task, it writes the provisioned users information in Exchangemailboxentry table under Enterprisevaultdirectory database. So once you remove them from provisioning group also try cleaning the Exchangemailboxentry table.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Here is something that might be helpful:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/processing-company-leavers

Working for cloudficient.com

ManishN
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Rob article is fantastic!

When you run the provisioning task, it writes the provisioned users information in Exchangemailboxentry table under Enterprisevaultdirectory database. So once you remove them from provisioning group also try cleaning the Exchangemailboxentry table.

PeterWendell
Level 4

Manually removing the entries from Exchangemailboxentry table does eliminate the errors during the archiving run. However, it seems that whenever I disable a mailbox for archiving and remove it from all provisoning groups, an entry for that mailbox is left in the Exchnagemailboxentry table and must be manually removed. This doesn't seem normal to me. Are there any ideas on how to avoid this?

Thanks.