Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable partition backup requirement

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello, 

When i run archiving task, i see in reports next:

path_to_file\file.txt Default FSA Volume Policy    All Files    ARCHIVE    Archived    CREATESHORTCUTSIMMEDIATELY    ShortcutNotCreated

So as i ynderstand correctly, shortcuts cannot be created until backup of vault store partition run. Currently i am using EV for testng i dont need to secure it, i just need to archive data and look what it is looks like. All my data is test data, i am not afraide to loose it. So how can i disable requirement for archiving? Is this possible to do permanently for any tasks in EV?

7 REPLIES 7

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

What is the safety copy setting on the vault store you're writing the data to?

Working for cloudficient.com

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello Alex,

You need to change the 'safety copies' setting at the Vault Store level. Go to the properties of the Vault Store and look for 'Remove safety copies' under General tab. Set this option to Immediately after archive and restart the storage service. Next time you run the archiving task, the task will create the placeholders immediatly.

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks, i have changed this option, but currently all tasks are doing nothing, from "Proccessing" mode going to "Running" in one minute after start. I dont see any information logs, just modification time update.

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

After some "magic" archiving task in progress state and in logs:

path_to_file\file.txt Default FSA Volume Policy    All Files    ARCHIVE    Archived    CREATESHORTCUTSIMMEDIATELY    ShortcutCreated  

But when i look to the path_to_file\file.txt, i see no changes, no stubes...

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

No change in icon?

Working for cloudficient.com

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, information comes fsater than i am writing replays.

Currently i have the next situation,

Data is archiving, task in "progress" mode, and i see that Vault Store folder are filling up with data, from client side, files that was reported as "ShurtcutCreated" are archived, because i see that "Size on disk" is 0, and "Size" is actual size. So there is two questions that i have:

1. Why size on disk nor 4 KB, as i remember it should be no less that this size?

2. Why i don`t see icon change?

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Alex,

Is this is a CIFS share in a NetApp filer? If so, the 0KB file size is expected. Take a look at this technote:

How to disable Filesize emulation on Placeholder's located on NetApp Filer
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH64133