cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Accelerator 8.0

mstawchansky
Level 4
Having an issue with Discovery Accelerator 8.0. Everything is built and apparently working, but I'm getting some hit and miss functionality with the client.

I've created a test case, and I'm doing what I would think is a relatively 'easy' search. I've created an immediate search task with auto-accept to search for mail from a single user in the Vault for the past 28 days. The search has run, or appears to. It is still showing a status of 'searching'. However all the archives it searched in the Window below show as finished. The Task status on the Home tab shows the status as " Pending Acceptance ( errors)"., however the Accept button is not lit for accepting the results ( whether I choose Auto accept or not).

It actually looks like I have found a little more info as I wrote this. I started another search, and it appears to have changed it so that I CAN accept the last search I kicked off.

So to summarize. Search #1 appears to have finished, but I can't accept the results until I start Search #2. And I can't accept search #3 until I start search #4, etc. Using the Refresh button at the top does nothing.

I'm on EV 8 SP3 and using the client from that install media. Anyone know the fix for this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Well SQL seems like it is up to the task.  :)

What is your client machine OS?

Personally I have not ran in to this issue and am at a bit of a loss.  It might be good to ring support and get some hands on help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling

I have not see that type of behaviour before.

Are you using auto accept on all your searches?  What if you close the client and go back in? 

Do you know the specs of your sql server and how many applications it hosts?

mstawchansky
Level 4

I have tried using both Auto Accept and without, it does not seem to change the behaviour. Closing the client and going back in doesn't affect it either. I kicked off a search last night then closed out and tried to view it this morning.

Looking at the bottom Window that show's the search progress and time on each Vault individually, it appears to only take 30 minutes or so to search all of my Vaults.

The SQL server backing the EV system is an HP DL365 G5, 8x 2.4 GHZ cores, 32GB RAM, and the only thing this SQL instance does is back Enterprise Vault ( 2 EV servers managing about 3,000 mailboxes  - no journalling, and 4 or 5 File System archives.).

TonySterling
Well SQL seems like it is up to the task.  :)

What is your client machine OS?

Personally I have not ran in to this issue and am at a bit of a loss.  It might be good to ring support and get some hands on help.

mstawchansky
Level 4

Client OS is a standard Windows XP SP3 instance. Since it looks like this isn't just a 'known' thing, I'll give support a ring. Many thanks for the assist.

TonySterling

Sorry I could help more.  Do be sure to let us know the result.  :)

Cheers,