cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Accelerator problem

Matt_Schu
Level 4

Hello,

I have had Discovery Acceleraor up and running for some time now.  I created a case today for the first time and could not assign a case to a specific Role.  After I Click Role Assignment in the Application Administration column on the home page all I see is a box named Roles and another box named users and the only role available is Discovery System Admin (None of the other roles show up).  There is no way to select the case and assign it to a Role.  Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SHI-CRO
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Roles are assigned to users or groups, not cases.  A case can be assigned an owner though who can assign roles in that case to other users.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

SHI-CRO
Level 6
Roles are assigned to users or groups, not cases.  A case can be assigned an owner though who can assign roles in that case to other users.

Matt_Schu
Level 4
Okay, that makes sense.  So what I am seeing on that page is correct? But why is only Discovery System Admin showing up? And now that I have created a case how would one search the  Journal archive?

SHI-CRO
Level 6

When you create a case, you should see that case in the middle column of the DA first page.  When you click that case, you will see a list of options for that case.  I think the last one is called Archives.  When you click that, you can customize the archives you want to search for that particular case.

DA is not terribly intuitive IMO, so it is hard to just jump in a get started.  I would highly recommend going over the documentation that comes with it.  I've had to go over it quite a few times.

doctortt
Level 6

Same here. I had to go through the PDF documentation and the online help a couple times.

Matt_Schu
Level 4
I don't have a middle column.  Could you post a screen shot so I can see what it looks like?

12 years later, and the documentation is just has horrible.  I have to call support to get anything working.  Must have called over 10 times, and this software is still not working.