cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Accelerator vs. Archive Discovery

Slack
Level 4

Hi,

We have a customer with EV 11 installed and running.

They are looking to buy Discovery Accelerator to address a single issue. However, looking online I see that Discovery Accelerator has kind of been finished and is now moved to be part of the "Archive Discovery pack".

My question. If we buy Archive Discovery, can we then install Discovery Accelerator on our EV 11 server - or would it be a mandatory update to EV12 before we start? I am hoping we can run it on the EV 11 server as adding a server upgrade in to the mix will add a lot of extra time and work for something we are trying to get done in a hurry.

Thanks guys

Slack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

I would check with support/licensing department to see if indeed DA is not sold anymore. It used to be included in the Journal Archiving license, but it might be sold as a seperate package also.

As for the versions, DA supports one major version down (i.e DA12 works against EV11)

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

I would check with support/licensing department to see if indeed DA is not sold anymore. It used to be included in the Journal Archiving license, but it might be sold as a seperate package also.

As for the versions, DA supports one major version down (i.e DA12 works against EV11)

Regards. Gertjan

N-1 is what I wanted to hear... thanks!