cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does EV 9 work with MS Exchange 2013?

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

We are currently running Enterprise Vault Server version 9.0.5 on 32bit Windows 2003 for mail archival of a Microsoft Exchange 2003 server.

The users are currently on Office 2010 and version 14.0.7128.5000 of Outlook with the EV Plugin version 9.0.5.1067.

My question is, would our existing version of EV continue to work if we were to upgrade to Exchange 2013 ?

In other words would users be able to retrieve existing archived mail and would EV 9 continue to archive any new mail with Exchange 2013?

If we had definitely had to upgrade to EV 10 what recommendations are there for virtualizing the server as part of the migration?

To further complicate matters we have File System Archiving enabled and the existing physical EV server uses Symantec Storage Foundations for volume management of the storage used for holding the Archive Stores and Indexes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

The compatibility charts say that EV 9 is not supported with Exchange 2013.  So you'll have to upgrade.

In my opinion you can/could/should investigate the Server Settings Migration Wizard to help with the migration/upgrade, OR, completely non-virtualize things, and do that at a later date (less things to go wrong)

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

The compatibility charts say that EV 9 is not supported with Exchange 2013.  So you'll have to upgrade.

In my opinion you can/could/should investigate the Server Settings Migration Wizard to help with the migration/upgrade, OR, completely non-virtualize things, and do that at a later date (less things to go wrong)

Working for cloudficient.com

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

here's a link to the guide for you:

Enterprise Vault Compatibility List

Article:TECH38537  |  Created: 2010-01-16  |  Updated: 2014-08-01  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38537