cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the archive have to have shared permissions in order for it to show up in explorer or access archived items?

knoxvegas
Level 4
I'm running EV 8 SP2 on windows 2003 ent.   Does the archive have to have shared permissions in order for it to show up in explorer or access archived items?  I'm testing a migration from an old file server to a new file server that contains users personal data.  On the old server we have shares created for individuals' data and it is mapped on log-on.  I wanted to go away from having so many shares, but I noticed that I'm not able to see the archive via explorer because it goes by shared permissions.  Is there a workaround for it to work with NTFS permissions?  Any recommendations is greatly appreciated especially real world.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Share Permission Synchronisation
By default share permission synchronisation is enabled. Should you want to revert to the V5.0 functionality set the following registry key on all Vault Services machines and restart all Vault services.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\

DWORD value named SynchroniseFSASharePermissions

1 - Perform share permission synchronization (default)

0 - Perform folder root archive point folder permission synchronization.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Share Permission Synchronisation
By default share permission synchronisation is enabled. Should you want to revert to the V5.0 functionality set the following registry key on all Vault Services machines and restart all Vault services.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\

DWORD value named SynchroniseFSASharePermissions

1 - Perform share permission synchronization (default)

0 - Perform folder root archive point folder permission synchronization.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146