cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domino Journaling - How to capture all info.

wandarah
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi, 

I have a client who has a requirement to capture all message, calender items, and saved IM conversations that are relayed via Domino. 

From what I can see, before I even touch EV they need to set up Journaling on one (if using a mail-in DB) or more Domino server. EV can then target that, and much like Exchange, journal everything. 

I am wondering though, and I cannot find this info documented anywhere - if it is possible to choose within EV, which items to archive from said Journaling location. i.e notes, calender items, etc. Or can it, as I suspect, only archive messages (or notes as it were). I know with the domino mailbox policy this is possible, but suspect such is limited with journaling?

Can anyone confirm - or suggest a way in which I can capture this info on a global level.

Thanks in advance, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Damon_Kaswell
Level 4
Employee

Domino journal archiving can target any document in the journal database as long as the document has a valid sender and recipient, and uses a form that Enterprise Vault is configured to recognize.

The Memo form and several others are recognized by default, but you can add other forms as needed.

To check the list of forms you're currently using:
1. Start Enterprise Vault Administration Console.
2. Expand the tree and right-click the Directory container.
3. Select Properties.
4. In the Properties window, select the Domino Forms tab.
5. Ensure the list includes all the required forms for the types of documents to be archived. If necessary, use Add to add forms to the list.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Trojenz
Level 4
Partner

Journaling in domino, like journaling in exchange only captures items that are routed through the system.  Items that have addressees are routed through the system, whereby journaling can be performed by basically adding a BCC addressee to the message that delivers the message to the journal mailbox where EV can archive it.

Calendar items and appointments that do not have addressees are not routed through the system but are just placed in the user's mailbox.  In these cases, they cannot be journaled.  If the appointment contains an invite for other users, it will be journaled as the invite is delivered to other users.

Everything in the journal mailbox is archived by default in an attempt to keep the journal mailbox empty on the source server.  If the customer wants those items archived they will have to be targeted through mailbox archival instead.

Damon_Kaswell
Level 4
Employee

Domino journal archiving can target any document in the journal database as long as the document has a valid sender and recipient, and uses a form that Enterprise Vault is configured to recognize.

The Memo form and several others are recognized by default, but you can add other forms as needed.

To check the list of forms you're currently using:
1. Start Enterprise Vault Administration Console.
2. Expand the tree and right-click the Directory container.
3. Select Properties.
4. In the Properties window, select the Domino Forms tab.
5. Ensure the list includes all the required forms for the types of documents to be archived. If necessary, use Add to add forms to the list.