cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double stubs after migration

RonnyVos
Level 3

Dear,

In our company we have implemented an Enterprise Vault migration from Version 7 (old hardware server) to 8 (new hardware server).
We did that through a PST exports on the old server and import a PST on the new server.
Only now we have the following issue in the archives of some users not all of the users there are now 2 stubs in the users mailbox.
1 Stub that is a shortcut to new server and the second that is a shortcut to the old server.
Is there a way how to deleted these shortcuts (Stubs) that point to the old server for all user?
At this moment I restore all mail to the original inbox of the user and then I manually deleted the subs that still remain in the mailbox.

But I hope there is another way to do this for everyone.

Thanks for your help

Ronny
1 REPLY 1

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
would suggest setting up an Exhange Mailbox Manager rule to delete every single shortcut and reimport the PST'sand tell it to create the shortcuts for them
if you try and do orphaned shortcut deletion in EV it won't work because when it see's the ArchiveID assigned to the mailbox is different than those on the stubs it will not delete them as it will assume they are forwarded from other users etc
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146