cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate items in Archive

RG009
Level 4

We have complaints from few users regarding duplicate items in Archive. Basically this started after the PST import ( client driven).

We suspect this happened possibly by archiving multiple PST files with the same name. Now we see multiple folders ( xxx-folder1, xxx-folder2) etc  under "My Archives" and with in the same folder we can see 5-10 duplicate email items.is there any way we can remove this duplicates centrally? Can we use EVDuplicateCleaner in this scenario ?

Thank you.

RG.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sounds like it might, one question to clarify, are the duplicates in Archive Explorer or just shortcuts in the mailbox?

Enterprise Vault EVDuplicateCleaner for 9.0.1, 9.0.2 and 10.0

Article: TECH154803  |  Created: 2011-03-04  |  Updated: 2011-11-15  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH154803

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling

Sounds like it might, one question to clarify, are the duplicates in Archive Explorer or just shortcuts in the mailbox?

Enterprise Vault EVDuplicateCleaner for 9.0.1, 9.0.2 and 10.0

Article: TECH154803  |  Created: 2011-03-04  |  Updated: 2011-11-15  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH154803

RG009
Level 4

Hi Tony,

Duplicate in AE and Virtual vault. We do not have shortcuts.  

TonySterling

Good deal, then that should clean those up for you.

RG009
Level 4

Ok, Thank you Tony.

Ameen
Level 6

I have the same issue and i could fix it by following the technote. Tony thanks a lot for that solution.

RG009
Level 4

Hi Tony

One additional question, We are using Centera and users are not allowed to delete archived items. Any limitation of using the tool in this case ?

TonySterling

Does the Centera allow deletes?  As long as it does you should be just fine.  If it doesn't then it is going to be a bit more problematic.