cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

During EV 12 > EV 12.2 server upgrade: "A click-to-run version of Microsoft Outlook was detected."

Dan_L
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello,

Trying to install EV 12.2. Upgraded Outlook from 2013 32-bit to Outlook 2016 32-bit per compatibility. I've confirmed that the version is accurate and that Outlook is installed and working, but I keep receiving the above error and am unable to proceed with the upgrade. No Outlook 2013 components (nor other versions) remain. 

Is there a way to skip this check?

Thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

The compatibility states the click-to-run version is not supported, I checked...

The OL2013/2016 have a small n, and the n shows below the table as:

n. Click-to-Run version is not supported.

Just so you know :)

I believe that (after an uninstall of Outlook), if you rename HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook then reinstall that should work.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling

Is it Click to Run?  You can check in the Registry: navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{90150000-008F-0000-1000-0000000FF1CE}. If this key exists, the Office was installed using the Click-to-Run method.

Dan_L
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks for the reply, Tony. A copy (or three) of 2013 and of 2016  had been installed via c-t-r and uninstalled (those three values appear to persist in the uninstall registry location from your reply), but the version installed from the 2016 ISO does not appear there (see screenshot).

The registry keys for 2013 (15.0) remained as shown in the attached screenshot, so I renamed 15.0 to 15_old. Now I get a different error from the Deployment Scanner/Installer about this version ('16.0.4266.1001') not being supported. 

Edit: Basically, I attempted to use click-to-run to install initially - it seems to me that the compatibility guide needs to do a better job of spelling out that this is not compatible given its prevalence these days - but I have since removed those versions and replaced them with a version from an ISO.

GertjanA

Hello,

The compatibility states the click-to-run version is not supported, I checked...

The OL2013/2016 have a small n, and the n shows below the table as:

n. Click-to-Run version is not supported.

Just so you know :)

I believe that (after an uninstall of Outlook), if you rename HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook then reinstall that should work.

Regards. Gertjan

Dan_L
Level 3
Partner Accredited

GertjanA,

Thanks for the correction - I was only looking at the superscript to the right (under 12.0) and not at the superscript above the Outlook 2016 product itself. That may be the answer (as mentioned, I've already renamed the entire 15.0 key to 15_old after it was uninstalled).

EDIT: Sure enough, that was it. I needed to install https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3191883/may-2-2017-update-for-outlook-2016-kb3191883.

This has been complete amateur hour over here on my part. Thanks for getting me back on track. 

Thanks,

Dan

GertjanA

Amateur hours, happen to me too, no worries. We're here to help each other.

Regards. Gertjan