Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMC Centere Configureation

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner

Hi,
Anyone have any information on how to configure EV to use EMC Centera disk?
Having som problem configuring.

Get an error message "Enter ip for access node"

Anyone?

8 REPLIES 8

MirrorSphere
Level 5
Partner Accredited

There are some tools embedded into the EV installation directory.

One is called CenteraPing and Centera verify.

Have a look into adding the Centera IP address rane to these utilities and see if you find out anymore information.

Let us know.

Chris_Harrison
Level 5
Employee
Have you added an IP address for the Centera yet?

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner
Hi,
I haven't testet the tools, but I will next time I'm at the customers office.
I addet the IP to the Centera, bit when i click ok after entering the IP and port, I get the message saying pleas add ip to access host, or something very clost to that. 

But you don't know if there is anything thant needs to be setup the EMC?

Thanks!!

MirrorSphere
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Yes EMC should have been engaged initally to setup application pools and PEA files etc.

When you are next onsite use Centera CLI and the following commands to find out a little more about the Centera config.

1.  show profile list
2.  show profile detail <profile name>
3.  show pool list
4.  show pool detail <pool name>
5.  show pool mapping

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner

Hi.
Seem's EMC haven't done all the job they should. 
EMC did upgrade som software on the Centera's this week.
I was able to configure the vault store, but stil not working propaly.
Centeraping test - ok.
CenteraVerify - Not so good.
It connects, but i do nat have a PEA file, is that something that should be configured on the Centera? Or can I just make a file and put it on the EV server.. Any do you have an example for me to look at, and what do i need to consider?

Step 1 - Ok, minus authentication file..
Step 2 - seems ok, some attributes set not to delete and so on. 
Step 3 - Write test - Failure.
Log:

Error 10204 FR_OPERATION_NOT_ALLOWED

I have one more thing.
When adding the vault store partition, I've added the IP and PORT, What does the PORT do in the config?

Reason for asking, is the Capasity reportet is wrong.

kwausnock
Not applicable
The PEA file is something that you create. Basically its a encrypted password file for the centera. From the errors that you have posted, I have to ask what profile are you logged in with and does it have write permissions?

Kevin

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 You need to put the PEA file on each of your EV servers and then specify it's location when you create a new vault store

The other option is to put an environmental setting on each EV server with the location of the PEA file
Set an environment variable named CENTERA_PEA_LOCATION. The value is whatever the disk path is to your PEA file. Something like

CENTERA_PEA_LOCATION D:\PEA_FIle\MyPEAFile.pea

This will force pass the PEA info to EV as it tries to access the Centera

You will have to reboot once you make this setting change

EVHolic
Level 5
Partner Certified
Scanner,

Is this one or the other option. Because we put the PEA file on the partition but it was having issues writing to a "EV Pool" on Centera. Though, once we put the environment variable with the PEA file, it seems to be writing to the "EV Pool" correctly. Otherwise, it was writing to the general anonymous pool which we have and shared by other applications.

By the way, have you ever had to delete the data on Centera and if so what process did you follow?