cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ENterprise vault Archive tasks

pabbinedi
Level 4

Hi 

We are migrating our exchange from 2010 to 2016. I would like to know few things w.r to enterprise vault.

When we are migrating do we need to still run the below scripts on Exchange 2016 server?

SetEVThortlingPermissions.ps1 and SetEVExchangePermissions.ps1. SInce the existing vault account already has access do we need to run these as well on servers ? If yes do we need to run the below command

\SetEVExchangePermissions.ps1 -user domain\user-name -server "NewExchange 2016".

What exactly the above command does? It will just add permissions on New exchange server right? If yes before running this command i had looked in to the exchange server object permissions(Using ADSIEDIT) i do see already new Enterprise vault service account has full permissions on Exchange server object. 

Stil do we need to run the command?

2 REPLIES 2

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

You should not need to run the throttling one again. The throttling policy is not a per-server setting; it's an object that lives at the Exchange Organization level and is assigned to mailboxes. Adding a new server will not have changed your existing throttling configuration.

Since you're seeing in ADSIEdit that the Vault Service Account already has full control of the new Exchange server, then the permissions one also probably does not need to be run again. If you do run it again, you'll probably see a lot of yellow text in the result stating that "the permission was applied but no changes resulted because it was already set that way."

The good news is that both scripts are written in such a way that if you rerun them when they are unnecessary, they don't do any harm. So even though it sounds like you don't have to rerun either, if you reran both you'd still be all right.

--Chris

Thanks chris

Since recently we have introduced new exchange 2016 and today i added the new exchange server and created the task. But the task was failed with the below error

The Task 'Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for servername' failed to log on to Exchange server servername' using mailbox EVsystemamailbox@us.local'. Check that the mailbox has not been hidden, that the server is running and that the vault service account has sufficient permissions on the server.

I was under assumption that i might be missing something