cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR in Admin Console

anon1m0us1
Level 6

This is the error i have in my EV Console.

Days since items archived from Exchange mailboxes How to fix
41292 It is more than 7 days since Enterprise Vault found items to archive from any mailboxes on Exchange Server

I have tried the fix but it did not work. I manually ran the Sync but it still did not work.How would I know my schedule Archiving task is working besides trusting what I see in the scheduling tab?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So that explains why nothing is archived.  The first one is over the 10% free in your policy as it has 24% free and the other mailbox has not quota at all set on the mailbox.  You can disregard the message you are seeing as EV is operating correctly.

I would recommend you set a quota on the other mailbox, otherwise nothing will be archived from it.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

i would suggest running the task in report mode and see if there are items genuinely to archive, once the report is generated, copy and paste it in to excel and see how many are there.

It could be that the users genuinely have nothing to archive, it could be that the policy is too restrictive etc

So what i would do is:
1. Ensure that the task is not running in report mode, if it is, then nothing will ever archive
2. Ensure that the storage service is not in Read Only mode, again if it is, nothing will archive
3. Do a "Run Now" on that exchange task in Report Mode against all users, then take the report and move it in to excel and ensure that there are items eligible to archive
4. If there are items to archive, then I would look in the event viewer around the time the schedule starts to see if there are any Event ID 3310 errors, which would put the task to sleep for 10 minutes when it can't connect to the exchange server (maybe an issue with the system mailbox, or permissions etc)
5. I would then start checking the policy, looking for things like how old does an item have to be before its archived, whether its using Quota policies etc, then i would connect to a sample mailbox and just cross check and see if there are any items that should have been archived

You may also want to run a SQL query against the vault stores to see if there are items that have genuinely been archived but it is another issue with the way EV is reporting it.

It could simply be there are no mailboxes on that exchange server any more etc

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

anon1m0us1
Level 6

Here is the result from the report. Right now, I only have 2 users, but it seems there are items to archived based on the "No of archivable items"

System Name Mailbox name Associated account Mailbox state Date Start time End time No of archivable items Total size of archivable items No of archivable folders No of items ready to archive Size of items ready to archive No of large items Total size of large items No of messages that would be archived Size of messages that would be archived Quota limit Quota used % of Quota free Space held by existing pending items Average size of shortcut (kB) No of Expired Shortcuts No of Orphaned Shortcuts No of Old Shortcuts No of Folders containing moved items No of moved items identified Archiving policy applied
Exchange User1 User1 Enabled 3/19/2012 11:36:41 AM 11:36:45 AM 4595 288868 31 4594 288841 0 0 0 0 435200 330206 24.13 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  Exchange Mailbox Infinite Policy
Exchange User2 User2 Enabled 3/19/2012 11:36:41 AM 11:36:57 AM 5221 128775 33 5203 128035 0 0 0 0 Undefined 386209 Undefined 0 2.437 0 0 0 13 13199  Exchange Mailbox Infinite Policy

I do not see any errors in the Event Viewer.

TonySterling

You need to look at the column Number of items ready to archived.  Number of archivable items just means they are eligible at some point in time.  This TN explains the various columns in detail

How to use Report Mode to test the Exchange Mailbox task

Article: HOWTO37063  |  Created: 2010-12-24  |  Updated: 2011-12-19  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO37063

anon1m0us1
Level 6

No of items ready to archive No of messages that would be archived
4594 0
5203 0

Based on the report, I should be archiving items.

TonySterling

Actually, no because the column No of messages that would be archived is 0. 

The number of messages that would be archived on a single, real run of the Exchange Mailbox task.

What exactly is your mailbox policy for these mailboxes?   Does the Provisioning Group have the box checked to Archive these mailboxes?

anon1m0us1
Level 6

The policy is set based on Quota and the provisioning group is checked to Archive. While the no. of messages is zero, the no of items to be archived has stuff to archive. 

TonySterling

But what is your Never archive items younger than set to?  Also, what do these columns have?

Quota limit

The mailbox storage limit.

Quota used

The used percentage of the mailbox storage limit.

% of Quota free

The unused percentage of the mailbox storage limit.

anon1m0us1
Level 6
Quota limit Quota used % of Quota free
435200 330206 24.13
Undefined 386209 Undefined

TonySterling

So it would seem one of your users doesn't have a quota and the other has 24% free.  This is going to come back to the policy.  Can you post a screen shot of your archive rules?

anon1m0us1
Level 6

Both users are in the same provisioing group.

TonySterling

So that explains why nothing is archived.  The first one is over the 10% free in your policy as it has 24% free and the other mailbox has not quota at all set on the mailbox.  You can disregard the message you are seeing as EV is operating correctly.

I would recommend you set a quota on the other mailbox, otherwise nothing will be archived from it.