cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 10.0.1 Centera Colletion

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

EV 10.0.1 Centera Colletion creates thousands of folders in collection partition and after collection run all files disapprears, however it doesn't get rid of those thousands of folders. Is that normal? Can we manually delete those folders?

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CFreeX
Level 4

I vote, "It is OK to delete the empty folder". I don't recall it deleted immediately, but it should delete the empty folder automatically since ev8 Sp5 or so I think. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I have heard two schools of thought.. one is it's okay, one is it's not (storagefilewatch complaining afterwards).

So.. are the folders causing a problem?

Working for cloudficient.com

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Well, not sure if that's causing any problem or not! But if the fodlers keeps stacking up it may go beyon millions of empty folders after few months.

Is it safe to delete them?

CFreeX
Level 4

I vote, "It is OK to delete the empty folder". I don't recall it deleted immediately, but it should delete the empty folder automatically since ev8 Sp5 or so I think. 

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I think you're right CareFreeX.. but I can't find anything in searching to confirm it.

Actually ...  From the EV 2007 SP 1 release notes:

Empty folders in Centera collections file area deleted [Ref 751147, E1096083]

In Centera partitions with collection enabled, empty folders in the collections file area will be deleted as they become unused. This will speed up Centera collection housekeeping.

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks guys

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Glad to help.