cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 10.0.4 Upgrade to 11.0.1 fails on Deployment Scanner

robinhollins
Level 3

Hi has anyone come across this error and resolved it?  Unfortunately although I know its wrong the upgrade process will not proceed.

Enterprise Vault Deployment Scanner detected that there is insufficient free disk space on SQL Server ms-vsql-011.xxxxx.xxx.gov.uk\ss2008livexxx to complete an upgrade of the Enterprise Vault Directory database. See the section called 'Directory database upgrade requirements' in 'Upgrading to Enterprise Vault 10.0' for more information.

The free space required on data files volume 'I:\' is 5.47 GB. The current free space is 987 MB.
The free space required on transaction log volume 'I:\' is 10.9 GB. The current free space is 987 MB.

We use Mount Points on our SQL servers and there is plenty of free disk space on the actual storage volumes.  This has been an issue before in version 10 but was resolved with version 10.0.1 but looks like it is back??

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH170129

Just wondered if anyone else has seen it and got round it.

thanks

Rob

7 REPLIES 7

robinhollins
Level 3

Should mention that I am aware that the error message contains"......'Upgrading to Enterprise Vault 10.0' for more information......" but I can assure you that this is version 11.0.1 upgrade i am running - I can only presume the error message text wasnt updated from version 10.

Manideep_Neeli
Level 4
Employee

Are all the databases located on Mount points? Including default system databses like Master, temp etc?

Massimo_Vagli
Level 4

Hello Robin, 

It looks like you have to open a case with Veritas Support Services and a deeper troubleshooting should be done here.

Apparently the 11.0.1 upgrade process (deployment scanner check) contains the code implemented with 10.0.1, so it is supposed to work; maybe there is some other different scenario not considered by the aforementioned fix in 10.0.1.

Massimo

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Did you manage to get this fixed?

It might be you need to set the NoMonitor value on the EV-server:

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000029309

GJ

Regards. Gertjan

robinhollins
Level 3

Still no fix , been talking with support - not much progress at the moment.  Passed to engineering was the last update.

Ill try the "nomonitor" registry value today and post if it has any positive results.

thanks

Rob

EVAdmin2016
Level 4

hahaha Massimo, I remember EV10.0.4 had similar issue with deployment scanner :)

robinhollins
Level 3

still not working even after attempting NoMonitor setting.  :(

Support not extacly forthcoming with suggestions at the moment - passed to engineering apparently.  Will post if I ever get a solution.