cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 10.0 and Exchange 2010 Migration to Office 365

ISC_Deployment_
Level 2

I have a customer on EV 10 for Exchange and they have the need to migrate off the on-premise exchange 2010 and EV 10 environment. They have chosen to go to Office 365 / Exchange Online w/ archival licensing. Can I please get some recommendations on migration options for their 4TB of archive data (Journal and User Archive). They have been stubbing all archived messages for quite some time.

I understand that it is possible to restore each users archive to the on-premise exchange 2010 mailbox assuming there is space. The export to .PST format and utilize a PST Capture like tool to push up to the Office 365 cloud account.

This is time consuming and since these users stub their archived messages and have moved stubs around to folder for organizational purposes. When the archive is restored mail returns to the point it was archived from not necessarily the same folder as the stub.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
There are several migration products that can help you, include our own, Archive Shuttle. Have you looked at those?
Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
There are several migration products that can help you, include our own, Archive Shuttle. Have you looked at those?

ISC_Deployment_
Level 2

I have not Can you please provide a link. I will take a look at Archive Shuttle. Thank you.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

The link is here:

http://www.quadrotech-it.com/products/archive-shuttle/

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

Like Rob, I work at an archive migration Vendor, in this case TransVault.

It supports the migration of user and journal archives and it has the feature you require to synchronise the shortcut location so that the data is migrated to Office 365 in the folder that the shortcut is located in and not necessarily the folder it was archived from.  Also has capabilties to only migrate data that users have shortcuts for, rather than their entire archive for example.

The product itself can migrate from many different archive systems(or PST,Exchange, Domino) and to lots of targets including Office 365.  Office 365 being one we commonly deal with these days and we have many Office 365 migration projects completed or running at the moment.

You can find more details at www.transvault.com

Yours,

Mike