Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 10 DCOM - component services

adebola24
Level 5
Partner Accredited

hi

we installed EV 10 and setup several test mailboxes for archiving, however nothing appeared to be indexed

we received the message (the vault you are searching is being updated) - results 0

i stumbled across several posts around DCOM and we updated the entries for EV to give the EVService account launch and remote launch within Component Services as per the error message 10016

however it appears that when you restart the EV admin service it resets these changes and the error persists and no indexing

However i reset the changes as above and just restarted the EV INDEX service AND NOT THE EV ADMIN SERVICE and clicked rebuild index and "voila" the indexes are built

so my question, what is causing EV to reset these DCOM fields ? and clearly i need to solve this soon as we cant reboot the EV server without restarting Admin service

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

There is no way you can stop the AdminService from changing them.
You used to be able to way back when in EV by using the SkipChecks registry key, however when users upgraded to Windows 2003, it caused lots of issues, so they changed it so the DCOM packages will always be changed, especially if you have GPO's that are forcing things.

But to be honest, you don't really want to change that, as there is something else going, you shouldn't need to go above and beyond what you're having granted now, which is why I said it sounds like a Limits issue

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6

The admin service if it detects that DCOM packages have a non default Everyone/Anonymous type configuration will reset it to what it needs to be, but to be honest what you are describing sounds more like a Limits issue on the dcom than anything else.

adebola24
Level 5
Partner Accredited

is there a way that we can change what the EV Admin Service will change it to ?

i.e. the system is working now, indexing is working etc - however when we restart the admin service it will change the dcom settings

we have a support call currently active and awaiting contact

JesusWept3
Level 6

There is no way you can stop the AdminService from changing them.
You used to be able to way back when in EV by using the SkipChecks registry key, however when users upgraded to Windows 2003, it caused lots of issues, so they changed it so the DCOM packages will always be changed, especially if you have GPO's that are forcing things.

But to be honest, you don't really want to change that, as there is something else going, you shouldn't need to go above and beyond what you're having granted now, which is why I said it sounds like a Limits issue