cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 10 File Server properties Netapp change parameter issue

cgaube
Level 3

When I try to change some items on File Server Properties of a Netapp File Server, in the Netapp Tab, I have the following message : "Failed to save or update details for File Server "\\xxxx" in the Directory Service. A datatype conversion error was detected while accessing the Vault Database. NULL"

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cgaube
Level 3

Hi ,

This problem was solved by Symantec Support.
Due to regional settings on the EV server (W2008 french) , version of netapp filer was registered as 8,2 (in place of 8.2) into dbo.FileServerEntry table (FileServer Version column). Updating this column to 8.2 and positionning the decimal symbol to . (dot) in the regional settings solved the problem (after restarting services , of course)
Thx for your reply.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

can you paste the actual error and any corresponding event logs as well?

cgaube
Level 3

i've attached the dtrace log and i've already copy/paste the exact error message

cgaube
Level 3

Hi ,

This problem was solved by Symantec Support.
Due to regional settings on the EV server (W2008 french) , version of netapp filer was registered as 8,2 (in place of 8.2) into dbo.FileServerEntry table (FileServer Version column). Updating this column to 8.2 and positionning the decimal symbol to . (dot) in the regional settings solved the problem (after restarting services , of course)
Thx for your reply.