cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 10 File System Archiving populatebillingaccount

Will_Moulic1
Level 3

Hi Experts,

First questions, I have EV 10 FSA server and in Archive general properties for users, the "Bill usage to" is blank. Is PopulateBillingAccount registry value applicable to EV FSA?

Second Question, if yes (from above), from EV FSA reporting, will this show the number of users accessing the archives?

Thanks,

Will

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Will,

The short answer is 'No'.

PopulateBillingAccount is used for Exchange and once set the Billing Account is synced with the AD object assigned to the Mailbox.

There is no link to those FSA folders for us to pull that information from and as a general rule FSA Archives aren't assigned to a single individual.

You can manually assign an account to the Billing Account field but by the sounds of it you are after an automatic selection.

Regards

Ben

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Will,

The short answer is 'No'.

PopulateBillingAccount is used for Exchange and once set the Billing Account is synced with the AD object assigned to the Mailbox.

There is no link to those FSA folders for us to pull that information from and as a general rule FSA Archives aren't assigned to a single individual.

You can manually assign an account to the Billing Account field but by the sounds of it you are after an automatic selection.

Regards

Ben

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Unfortunately, the answer is no because unlike with Exchange Mailbox archiving which archives individual mailboxes with singular owners, FSA is archiving unstructured data from file shares which include data from multiple users so it wouldn't be accurate for the system to associate an FSA archive with a single user.

Will_Moulic1
Level 3

Thanks Ben and Andrew for your responses, much appreciated. This now validates my hunch on this matter.

Can you also please give some advise that if I enter the users AD names to "Bill Usage to" and I ran the FSA reporting, will the "number of users accessing the items" appears?

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.HOWTO108080