Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 10 Multi language addin?

Ksimir
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi everyone!

Are there any multilanguage version of EV 10 addin? seems no... but how to manage provisionned images without having one version of the image per language of EV addin?

Thank you!

Samir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Ksimir (and all others), I have found a topic about this posted in the Ideas section here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/idea/new-feature-request-multilanguage-outlook-add-ev

It may be worth to thumb up that idea, if it's requested frequently, Symantec may be able to look into this.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Good question/idea, as far a I know there is no such a version. There should be a multi-language-version or language packs like office itself !

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

off the top of my head... you could go a couple ways. 1. create a repository on the machine with the addins your company might use and then script it to be installed at the time the first user logs in. or 2. install via gpo and then you can base on something that's unique for the region.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

What if you have a central Citrix environment, with Office Multi Languages (packs) installed? Currently you can only install one language.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Ksimir (and all others), I have found a topic about this posted in the Ideas section here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/idea/new-feature-request-multilanguage-outlook-add-ev

It may be worth to thumb up that idea, if it's requested frequently, Symantec may be able to look into this.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

As with many topics this is actually a good one to keep coming back to.

I think that it is something that could/should come in time.  There has been talk of possibilities for quite some time, but nothing has been attempted as far as I know.

Working for cloudficient.com

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

ksimir's question was about pc images and my suggestion applies to that.

what you're saying about centralized servers is correct and could be worth symantec looking into if the customer demand is there.

Ksimir
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Many of our international customers ask for a MUI addin... that really sad to tell them that there is no MUI for now...

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Be sure to vote up the Idea in the appropriate section on the forums :)

Working for cloudficient.com

RichardG
Level 5
Employee

The client in 10.0.2 will be multi-language - no separate installs for each language.
Display & help language selected based on the Office language preferences. Fall back to system language if EV does not support the required language. Final fall back to English if system language not supported.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Perfect, good to hear. Any scheduled release date for EV 10.0.2 ?