cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 10.X Exchange Server Consolidation Design.

Sal_DiGiovanni
Level 2

Hi,

I will explain my current EV/Exchange setup.

We have 3 Global DataCenters(DC). Each DC has Exchange 2003 servers which are all part of the same Exchange Org.  Each DC also has an EV 2010 Environment. Each EV environment is completley seperate from each other. The EV Databases and indexes and archived Mail exist in each sit where the local mailbox resides.  Each DC has 100MB connectivity to each other.  A rough user count is below:

Sites:

Site 1 (EMEA) = 5000 Users With 20TB EV data                                                                                                                                                      

Site 2 (APAC) = 5000 Users with 20 TB EV data

Site 3 (AM) = 3500 Users with 10 TB EV data

Latency:

Site 2 to 1 is 150ms

Site 3 to 1 is 110 ms

We are upgrading Exchange to 2010 and consolidating. We will have 1 Central Exchange site in EMEA utilizing multiple Active-Active Datacenters.

We would like to keep the EV environment AS-IS and continue archiving the mail to the "local" EV servers.

Question :  Will the above scenario work with 1 Central Exchange DB location ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I think you should contact a consultant or partner to visit your site and provide you with detailed action plan in order to consolidate the EV environment.

When you migrate all Exchange from other 2 sites to EMEA, do you want EV Servers from those sites to archive them? There will be latency issue, for archiving as well as retrieval.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I think you should contact a consultant or partner to visit your site and provide you with detailed action plan in order to consolidate the EV environment.

When you migrate all Exchange from other 2 sites to EMEA, do you want EV Servers from those sites to archive them? There will be latency issue, for archiving as well as retrieval.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I agree with Advisor. The best recommendation is to have a partner on site to assist you with the consolidation. Also, migrating everything to one site and keeping the same EV infrastructure, i.e. one EV in APAC and another one in AM, would case latency for archiving and retrieval. You might need to consolidate Ev as well to avoid this possible scenario.