cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

EV 10 server CPU assignment on Virtual Machine

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi people, I need your suggestion here to know which combination can give more or better performance for a Windows Server 2012 R2 Virtual Machine for EV 10 install ?

Option 1:
Number of virtual sockets: 4
Number of cores per socket: 1 

Option 2:
Number of virtual sockets: 2
Number of cores per socket: 2 

Option 3:
Number of virtual sockets: 1
Number of cores per socket: 4 

Based on this page: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO57928

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

it's really going to come down to how your VMware hosts are configured and how the other guests that live on the hosts are configured. in general, EV wants cores. as many cores as you can give it, it'll use. but your physical hardware and the design of your virtual environment will dictate how you carve up your CPUs/cores

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AndrewB

it's really going to come down to how your VMware hosts are configured and how the other guests that live on the hosts are configured. in general, EV wants cores. as many cores as you can give it, it'll use. but your physical hardware and the design of your virtual environment will dictate how you carve up your CPUs/cores

John_Santana
Level 6

Thanks Andrew,

I'm using HP Blade Server BL 460c G8 with the following CPU specs:

16 CPUs x 2.599 GHz
CPU sockets: 2
Cores Per Sockets: 8
Logical Processor: 32
Hyperthreading: Active

AndrewB

that's a nice blade but i was giving you general guidelines. EV is going to see the cores you want to give it as cores. it's not going to know/care/act differently if it's 1x4, 2x2, or 4x1. that's all up to your Vmware environment.

John_Santana
Level 6

Cool, many thnks for the calrification.

Good day fellas! Thank you so much for posting useful information, like this, I really appreciate it! But who can do tasks online and help with dissertation writing? I am a 27 years old blogger and also a writer at the most popular and the greatest online paper writer service to provide writing help for students, who can not do their assignments by yourself. You can find and read reviews, and buy your essays online. Blogging is my passion and the interest for writing from my college years made me join this fancy work.

tiyaalford
Level 2

Pay attention to the imessaging functions. This may be the case