cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 11.0.1 CHF5; Restore from an cross archive without full access

haeussler
Level 4

Hello everyone,

we have an "issue" by a customer. He wants to restore mails over the ev search from cross archives. Unfortunately he doesnt want to give full access to the archives. He granted permissions on specified folders for the users. The folders are shown correctly in the search. When he wants to Restore "Copy to -> Current Location" an archived item a error message displayed. "Item cannot copy" I have refer this technote but no explanation about Restore and so on: https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Enterprise-Vault/How-to-grant-permission-to-specific-folder-within-an-arc...

I tested this behaviour in my lab enviroment with EV 12.0.4. I can Restore archived mails from other archived with non full access. Only thing it is not restored in the "current location." It restored in the inbox from the user who have access on specified folders. 

The thing is i need an statement, that with EV 12x it is possible with non full access to restore archived items from cross archives, so he can upgrade his version.

Thanks and kind regards. 

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

I don't think you can restore from someone else archive into your mailbox.

Selecting 'current location' means I believe the location which is shown in the ARCHIVE, not the mailbox. You might want to try to use 'other folder' (or location, I do not have search at hand), and then see if you can select a folder in your mailbox.

The official way would be to use Discovery Accelerator to do this, as you can then restore to a PST from multiple archives.

Regards. Gertjan

Thank you for your reply. Can you say with EV version 12x you can restore archived mails without full access? Because this is the root question from the customer. 

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I don't know. I do not yet have EV12 available.

Regards. Gertjan

haeussler
Level 4

Any other how can help?