Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 11.0.1 Deployment Scanner bug?

Gill2
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi

I would like to share my findings regarding Deployment Scanner for EV 11.0.1.

After running DS the results page shows Enterprise Vault Server Version: Passed "Enterprise Vault is at the latest version (10.0). Upgrade is not required.". I think it should be saying something like "Server can be upgraded to EV 11". Bug?

Version of DS is only visible on the first screen of installation wizard. Otherwise it is quit anonymous. When you launch DS it does not show version at all. Only way to be sure of DS version is to check the properties of "Deployment_Scanner.exe" file, under "x:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\".

I hope Veritas IM will do something about it ;)

Maybe it is nitpicking... 

Cheers!

Gill

5 REPLIES 5

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

After running DS the results page shows Enterprise Vault Server Version: Passed "Enterprise Vault is at the latest version (10.0). Upgrade is not required.". I think it should be saying something like "Server can be upgraded to EV 11". Bug?

Are you sure you are running the deploymentscanner from version EV11?

Regards. Gertjan

Gill2
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Yes, Gert. I double-checked it by first checking the properties of .exe file in EV directory, and then running it directly from there.

GertjanA

Hi Gill,

You are right! I just finished an upgrade this morning, and I look at the .net 4.5.2 install to be ok. Indeed the EV Server Version shows what you see. strange!

did you report this to Symantec already?

Regards. Gertjan

Gill2
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I havn't reported this to Symantec yet... But, now I will.

GertjanA

I raised an idea, you might want to call Support to do the same.

Regards. Gertjan