cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 11.0.1 Outlook Add-in Search Vaults button

gwind1
Level 2

Hi all...

I am preparing to upgrade from 11.0.1 to 12.  To do this, I need to get my user community familiar with the changes in search.  Currently, my test profile is setup on the new search and I have the Search button enabled on the toolbar. 

My issue is that you currently have to click "more actions" then Search Vaults.  I would like to have the Search Vaults button located right on the toolbar along with Recover and Delete.  Similar to how it has always shown a button for AE.  

Any thoughts?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi there,

This can be controlled via the policy. Have a look on this article:

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/64612135-121370943-0/v66085166-121370943

--Virgil

View solution in original post

Virgil's article doesn't explicitly state it, so I will do so here: the More Actions menu houses all the buttons that are set as "Enabled" but not set as "On Toolbar" in the Desktop Policy. So in this example,

Capture.JPG

...we can expect to see the Store, Restore, and Search options as discrete buttons on the ribbon (i.e., "Enabled" and "On Toolbar"), the Delete and Cancel options as available only on the More Actions menu (i.e., "Enabled" but not "On Toolbar"), and the Expiry Report option not available at all (i.e., not "Enabled"). Like so:

Capture2.JPG

(There is no "On Toolbar" setting for the Help button, as it must always exist discretely on the toolbar. It is not possible to shunt the Help button to the More Actions menu.)

--Chris

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi there,

This can be controlled via the policy. Have a look on this article:

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/64612135-121370943-0/v66085166-121370943

--Virgil

Virgil's article doesn't explicitly state it, so I will do so here: the More Actions menu houses all the buttons that are set as "Enabled" but not set as "On Toolbar" in the Desktop Policy. So in this example,

Capture.JPG

...we can expect to see the Store, Restore, and Search options as discrete buttons on the ribbon (i.e., "Enabled" and "On Toolbar"), the Delete and Cancel options as available only on the More Actions menu (i.e., "Enabled" but not "On Toolbar"), and the Expiry Report option not available at all (i.e., not "Enabled"). Like so:

Capture2.JPG

(There is no "On Toolbar" setting for the Help button, as it must always exist discretely on the toolbar. It is not possible to shunt the Help button to the More Actions menu.)

--Chris

Thanks for the replies. I ended up opening a ticket with support.  They found my policy was correct, but I had it too low in priority.  Once it was moved up to the top, the button automagically appeared.