Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 11 EVS - Mobile Web Browser Support

InsentraCameron
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello,

I tried to access EVS from an iPad running Safari yesterday. You can browse EVS and download attached JPGs. However I was unable to download attached PDFs.

I double checked the SCL and I could not find explicit support for iPad Safari with EVS.

During a Symantec event about 18 months ago I was introduced to EVS. The presenter had given me the impression that EVS was built to support mobile devices.

So, is Safari on iOS supported? If not, are any iOS or Android browers supported for accessing EVS?

Cheers

Cameron Mottus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

in the EV compatibility guide the blanket statement is: "Enterprise Vault Search is supported on all clients supporting HTML5-compatible web browsers. However, Enterprise Vault Search has been tested on tablets with the following operating systems and browsers."

there's a section for EVS and within that setion you have Tablet. It lists the compatible iOS versions and goes on to say that it supports Safari on all supported iOS versions. however, iOS 9 is still pending.

there's also a table for supported Andriod OS versions and it says that Chrome is the only supported brower on Andriod.

what's in common is that hey all require EV 11.0.1. hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

in the EV compatibility guide the blanket statement is: "Enterprise Vault Search is supported on all clients supporting HTML5-compatible web browsers. However, Enterprise Vault Search has been tested on tablets with the following operating systems and browsers."

there's a section for EVS and within that setion you have Tablet. It lists the compatible iOS versions and goes on to say that it supports Safari on all supported iOS versions. however, iOS 9 is still pending.

there's also a table for supported Andriod OS versions and it says that Chrome is the only supported brower on Andriod.

what's in common is that hey all require EV 11.0.1. hope that helps.

InsentraCameron
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

The customer is on 11.0.0. That explains why, a. I could not find it in the SCL, b. EVS does not completely work.

Thanks for your help :)