Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 11 - IMAP Konfiguration (external)

GerVersConsulti
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello,

i have installed EV 11 in a Test enviroment to test the new IMAP-Access. The internal access works fine but we can't access from external.

Can someone explain me exactly the way of communication of an external IMAP access? Which things must be prepared on the Exchange, EV and AD to make this work? Is the reverse proxy a must have? Or are there other ways of communication?

best regards

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the EV server is already working with AD and Exchange so nothing additional to be done on that front. what do you use to publish other services externally? i suppose that typically you'd reverse-proxy a path to your secure IMAP ports on your EV server. it can be any firewall or whatever application gateway you have.

View solution in original post

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

The IMAP functionality has nothing to do with Exchange.  Your EV servers are the IMAP servers.  If it works internally, but not externally it is probably a DNS issue.  In my environment I have a separate URL for EV11 IMAP which points to one of my external F5's   The F5 has a VIP that contains all my EV11 IMAP servers which then handle the call.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the EV server is already working with AD and Exchange so nothing additional to be done on that front. what do you use to publish other services externally? i suppose that typically you'd reverse-proxy a path to your secure IMAP ports on your EV server. it can be any firewall or whatever application gateway you have.

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

The IMAP functionality has nothing to do with Exchange.  Your EV servers are the IMAP servers.  If it works internally, but not externally it is probably a DNS issue.  In my environment I have a separate URL for EV11 IMAP which points to one of my external F5's   The F5 has a VIP that contains all my EV11 IMAP servers which then handle the call.

GerVersConsulti
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thank you very much. I will configure a reverse-proxy to test the external way.