Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 11 mail archiving for Domino v9

tonywu_ingram
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Dear All,

EV11 and EVDG have been installed in the same box.

The SSO has been enabled but when the Notes client trigger the Enterprise Vault Search from the menu, then it will show the login page

Is there any solution to allow the DWA to retreive the archived item within DWA instead redirect to the EV's HTTP web page?

Thanks.

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Tony,

Looking at your screenshot, I believe you have double clicked (i.e. tried to open / retrieve) the item and are presented with this view of the item on a new tab?

If that is the case, then I think something is not working on your actual double click / retrieve attempt because the screenshot appears to me to be the shortcut / item in the mail file, and has not actually retrieved the original item from the archive, which is what should happen.

Are you sure that you have run EVInstall.nsf and modified the Forms files on both the EVDG and mail server correctly, so that the EV extensions for iNotes are present and functioning?

Regards

Paul

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Tony,

Access to the EV search application from a Notes client has always required a 're- or first authentication'. This is because the user is logged into their Notes client via their user id and standard client based Notes security, but when launching the EV search application, they are switching to Domino's web / internet based authentication method and security model, from which EV leverages the LTPA token that is created during this authentication and the Domino Web SSO configuration to achieve ongoing seamless access. So the login page prompt for a first authentication to the EV search app from the notes client is necessary to get the user to achieve this web based authentication and generate the LTPA token for EV to then use.

This has often been flagged as an annoyance by customers, and some have managed to work around the annoyance by configuring their Domino Web SSO to leverage SPNEGO, which means the required Domino web login and creation of the LTPA token can happen seamlessly using this in-built Domino capability to link its own SSO with the user's Active Directory credentials.

Your post then seems to switch tact to a question about DWA (or iNotes) and retrieval? Are you referring to the issue detailed in this technote - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH217500 - which is resolved in EV 11.0.0 CHF1? If not, can you provide some more detail on the problem that you are referring to?

Regards

Paul  

tonywu_ingram
Level 5

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

Please see the screen capture about the iNotes (DWA).  When users access the archived attachment, it redirect to another web page with EV server host.

Is this  normal?

Regards

Tony

domino inotes.jpg

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Tony,

Looking at your screenshot, I believe you have double clicked (i.e. tried to open / retrieve) the item and are presented with this view of the item on a new tab?

If that is the case, then I think something is not working on your actual double click / retrieve attempt because the screenshot appears to me to be the shortcut / item in the mail file, and has not actually retrieved the original item from the archive, which is what should happen.

Are you sure that you have run EVInstall.nsf and modified the Forms files on both the EVDG and mail server correctly, so that the EV extensions for iNotes are present and functioning?

Regards

Paul

tonywu_ingram
Level 5

Hi Paul,

Is there anything I have to be awared when I implement EV 9.0 for Domino 8.0.2 cluster with mailbox replication across different site?

How to make sure EV can do archive when the mailbox shift from the targeted dominio server to another dominio cluster located in another countries?

Thanks.

Tony