cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 11 pst migration fails The RPC server is unavailable

Idriss_Ali
Level 4
Partner

i am doing server driven pst archiving it always fails with below error, if i go to archives i can see the archived files  

Configuration Settings
----------------------

11/1/2015 6:52:48 PM Number of retries after a networking error: 7
   11/1/2015 6:52:48 PM Delay time before a retry after a networking error: 1 Day
   11/1/2015 6:52:48 PM Location of the holding folder: \\EV\pst holder
   11/1/2015 6:52:48 PM Location of the temporary files folder: \\EV\E$\pst migrate
   11/1/2015 6:52:48 PM Number of concurrent migrations: 10
   11/1/2015 6:52:48 PM Archive attribute reset denotes a PST has been backed up: False

** 11/1/2015 7:56:33 PM Could not get PST migration status of PST \\OUTLOOK-TEST\C$\Users\test\Desktop\alitest.pst: The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA) **

** 11/1/2015 7:56:33 PM PST migration of \\OUTLOOK-TEST\C$\Users\test\Desktop\alitest.pst: Error 0x80004005 **

** 11/1/2015 7:56:33 PM Failed to create PstMigrationHistory record for PST \\OUTLOOK-TEST\C$\Users\test\Desktop\alitest.pst : The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA) 

6 REPLIES 6

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Can you reach the share/path \\OUTLOOK-TEST\C$\  with the EV service account and/or the service account specified in the PST Migrator task ?

Idriss_Ali
Level 4
Partner

yes i can reach it, also it i can see it on pst Holder and migrator folder on the EV server.

Idriss_Ali
Level 4
Partner

if run task more than once and change the job priority it will finish successfully, and I can see the archives

the question is why It don’t finish from the first run and gave the RPC error.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Possible errors:

- Was the workstation online at the first try ?

- Was Outlook running with PST opened ?
 If so, the PST will be in use and EV cannot open it to copy/import data.

Idriss_Ali
Level 4
Partner

worksation was online and active

i unmount the pst from outlook before pst migration process

as i told you it copy (collect)  the pst from the first hit to the pst hoder folder, but the problem happens on migration phase.

Swipe
Level 3

I spent 9 months on a server driven PST migration project on EV10 and used to get this on average around 1 in every 15 pst files. Resuming the migration would fix the problems but sometimes it would need to be done multiple times on the same PST file. I spent ages troubleshooting it to no avail but in the end I just ended up living with it and got on with the project.