cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 12.1.0 Update to 12.1.1

haeussler
Level 4

Hello everyone,

a costumer facing an maybe "bug" in the installation of 12.1 CHF1 (12.1.1.1470). In the registry under the key  „HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Install\Hotfixes\12.1.0\12.1." there is displayed the right version number from 12.1.1 

But in the VAC Console under "Help->About EV" there is displayed the main version 12.1.0 (12.1.0.1424) The db schema from 12.1.0 to 12.1.1 has not changed. 

I have tested it in my test enviroment and i can adjust this behaviour. Is this a bug or by design?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

This is expected. The 12.1.1 release does not include any changes to the Vault Administration Console snap-in.

--Chris

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

This is expected. The 12.1.1 release does not include any changes to the Vault Administration Console snap-in.

--Chris

Thank you for your help!

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

This information is kept in the ComputerEntry table in the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database. Sometimes the value is not updated in this table. If you really want to see 12.1.1 in the VAC, you can simply update the entry in the ComputerEntry table. It's just a cosmetic thing and nothing will happen if you change it.

--Virgil