Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 12.2 and Outlook 2007 Add-in

vanadasd
Level 4
Partner

Hey Everyone!

I've found the compatibility guide where I've seen that EV Add-in for Outlook 2007 is not supported by EV12. With that being said, has anybody tried to use it? I'm curious if this is a support issue or a complete loss in functionality.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello!

When trying to install EV 12, the deployment scanner throws an error complaining about the Outlook version if it is not 2013 SP1 (32bit). 

I would recommend to install Outlook 2013 as anyhow in case you run into any issues down the road, first thing support will ask is to upgrade before doing any troubleshooting.

--Virgil

Titoine31
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

It's normal, the official postition of Veritas is to support one version of Outlook add-in below that of the server, and one version above.

After I have some clients which use an old version of Outlook add-in with the last version of server without problem.

Do you use Vault Cache and Virtual Vault ? Do you use Client Driven solution for migrate PST files ? ... if no, I think that's ok ;)

After checking, for Outlook 2007 you can use Outlook Add-in V11.0 SP1 CHF5 without issue.

After, like say @VirgilDobos, on the server Enterprise Vault you must use Outlook 2013 SP1 32 bits, you can't use Outlook 2007 with Enterprise Vault 12.x ... but on your client workstation that's OK.

Regards,

Antoine

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

Most of the times the functionalities will still be there.

But I would not suggest to install it for production environments, since you can lose your supportability.

Veritas will say to upgrade to viable versions before they will start troubleshooting in case of incopatibilities.

basically it means, that these versions were tested.