cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 12.3 to 12.5 Upgrade - Reindex - Disk Problem

ygokkaya
Level 3

Hi All,

We have upgraded from the EV 12.4 version to the 12.5 version. 

The upgrade was completed without any problems. After the upgrade, we synchronized all mailboxes. Then, we started the reindex process.

But while there is 2 TB of disk space on the server, there is currently only 200 GB of space left. 
How can I prevent the fast disk-filling problem?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4

plaudone1
Level 6
Employee

Hi ygokkaya,

Was there a reason for the re-indexing? Unless they were failed they should not need to have been rebuilt.  The indexes should create a new folder and delete the old indexes once complete.  Are they older volumes not deleting? 

Any errors stating that they cannot be deleted?   

Regards,

Patrick 

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you're re-indexing to upgrade 32-bit indexes, you need to do so for a limited amount of mailboxes each run to prevent this.

There are some queries in the forum (or perhaps you have created your self) in which you can see no of items, and size of archive. Based on that, you should be able to rebuild gradually. If you however rebuild indexes for Journal Archives, you probably need to extend the disk temporarily. 

As Patrick stated, for each archive you rebuild, you might have a duplicate index location during the rebuild. As soon as it finishes, the old location should be removed..

Regards. Gertjan

ygokkaya
Level 3

Hello,

Thank you for the answers. I will apply what you recommend, but how can I find out if the index situation is over or not yet? Duplicate may have been formed when i do re-index after update, but I don't see duplicate names in the mailboxes section.

Regards,

plaudone1
Level 6
Employee

Hello,

You should see errors in the EV Event Viewer log if there are any issues. Also, could check the indexing task logs from Indexing > Monitor Indexing Tasks then clicking the task and archive until  you can view the Subtask Details and Open report file. Any issues would be at the end of the file. 

plaudone1_0-1677848470926.png

If needed, you can open a Support case and someone can have a look to ensure everything is as it should be. 

Regards,

Patrick