cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 12.4.1 | Issue with Journal Archiving

Sheldon_GN
Level 3

Hi,

This is a Fresh Lab Setup with EV 12.4.1. I had already setup EV 12.4 for Exchange Mailbox Archiving and with a basic setup, I do not see any issues popping out. Upgraded to EV 12.4.1 and configured Journal Archiving (I know folks will advocate SMTP Archiving and I will do so in the future). I am seeing an error in the Event Viewer every 15-20 mins for JournalMailboxManager suggesting the following...

"GetExchangeServerValues
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Module[C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\ExchangeItemsU.dll];Thread[9436];AccessType[Write];Memory Address[0x69736A15];Base Offset[0x00006A15];Base Address[0x69730000]"

Also have collected Dtrace of the JournalTask and JournalMailboxManager.

Need to know where and what am I missing here?

Thanks & Regards,
Sheldon Dsouza
3 REPLIES 3

Marcde
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi, 

I recently had the same error in my 12.4.1 lab as I made some tests where I entered some invalid exchange connection information on the domain properties in the VAC on purpose. 

Going through the dtrace provided. Is the connection information mentioned in this line correct? 

{ExchangeConnectionPointInformation::IsValid:#60} Non-SSL connection to Exchange required using proxy server [exchange.globanet.lab]

Regards

Marc

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - A Serviceware Company
www.serviceware.de

I am experiencing the same error message:

GetExchangeServerValues
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Module[C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\ExchangeItemsU.dll];Thread[36124];AccessType[Write];Memory Address[0x682B6A15];Base Offset[0x00006A15];Base Address[0x682B0000]

I have verified my connection method is correct, set on the domain properties. Has anyone found a solution ?

Have you tried this?

Servers upgraded to 12.4.1 

1. Stop the EV services.
  2. Rename the existing Install_path\Enterprise Vault\ExchangeItemsU.dll file to ExchangeItemsU.dll.original.
  3. Copy the ExchangeItemsU.dll from C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\Installed Hotfixes\12.4.0\12.4.1.1392\Backup folder into the Install_path\Enterprise Vault folder. 
  4. Start the EV services.