cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 12 Start-Databaseupgrade question

CadenL
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi

I'm in the process of upgrading EV from EV11.0.1 to EV12.2 using the SSMW. All is fine and I have recently kicked off the Start-EVDatabase upgrade -verbose. This has proceeded as expected and started the Vault Store databases in parallel. Once of the Vault Store databases has completed and the other I suspect is still processing. From the DBUpgrade log I can see the last .sql script it ran for this database VaultStoreDB_12_SchemaUpdates.sql (23/46) but nothing has since happened for two hours - I then got an informational message saying a timeout period has been hit (2 Hours) or the server is not repsonding. This wasn't an error but more informational.

In SQL is does look like it's still doing stuff but I'm just a little unsure if this is just a waiting game?

The VaultStore DB it's working on is a little over 100GB in size and holds the Journal Archive so has millions of entries - so I'm hopeful all is well and I just need to be more patient. When the DatabaseUpgrader ran previously  - for upgrading from 10.0.4 to 11.0.1 it took less than 1Hr to complete all the databases and this is now close to 3Hrs for the same set of databases.

Is it normal for an upgrade of the databases from EV 11 to 12 to take significantly longer then it did from EV 10 to EV 11?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

CadenL

ok - so patience is the key here.

All completed successfully after about 3Hrs - so 3 x longer than the EV10 to EV11 schema updates

GertjanA

I've seen the same. EV12 has a lot of new things which possibly require a lot of db adjustment.

Regards. Gertjan