cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 5 SP5

Andrew_Tankersl
Level 6
Is anyone familiar with this upgrade? I need to upgrade from SP3 to SP5.
Are there any issues I should know of
or is it fairly straight forward?
Thanks-
Andrew
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew_Tankersl
Level 6
Thanks for the responses.
I wound up re-creating the mirrors on our system and we are now back to our original working state.
I'm waiting to hear back from our EMC tech about the application profiles.
I did check the IP's of the Centera device, and we could not reach them during the outage (we confirmed the IP's were correct with the EMC tech)
Unfortunately, the App Log events from the outage were overwritten when the mirror was rebuilt.
I will keep you posted.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Just starting now. Are you doing clients as well?

Here's a similar thread on http://www.UDStech.com:
http://pub28.bravenet.com/forum/2381205959/show/619979

David

Andrew_Tankersl
Level 6
I'm not doing the clients as all of our user access is via Compliance Accelerator

Andrew_Tankersl
Level 6
Upon reboot after the upgrade I am unable to access our Centera storage systems. I've had our Centera Engineer test the connections and he can find no issue. All of his test read\writes are successful.
Any suggestions??

David_Messeng1
Level 6
If it is a test system ring Symantec.

If it is a live system ring Symantec and don't let them put the phone down until they've fixed it.

I'd probably panic a bit as well if I was you :)

Mike_Dowling
Level 4
Do you have application security to the Centeras? It's possible that the text file that resides on the Vault server was overwritten or deleted during the upgrade. Check with the EMC technician to see if application profiles are enabled on the Centera.

Did you check the IP addresses of the Centera in the Vault Store partition?

I know it's obvious but sometimes that's the most likely.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Can you post the errors you should be getting in the event log.

Andrew_Tankersl
Level 6
Thanks for the responses.
I wound up re-creating the mirrors on our system and we are now back to our original working state.
I'm waiting to hear back from our EMC tech about the application profiles.
I did check the IP's of the Centera device, and we could not reach them during the outage (we confirmed the IP's were correct with the EMC tech)
Unfortunately, the App Log events from the outage were overwritten when the mirror was rebuilt.
I will keep you posted.