cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 7.5: Attachments are archived but still remain at the original Place.

bremenports
Level 2
Hi,
my problem is, that attachments are archived in the EV, but sometimes the Attachment remains at the original Place and also in the vault!. So it uses twice the space. Whe i restore it from the vault to the original location and then manually archive it again, it works! The original attachment has gone to the vault (as it should be...)
Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance,
From northern Germany
Udo.
4 REPLIES 4

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Is there a pending icon? or does the item turn straight from a pending item to a normal mail? is this just manual archiving or its it nightly runs too? what are your backup procedures? what is archive pending timeout set to?

Maybe include any trouble shooting you have tried.

bremenports
Level 2
No pending icon. The icon shown is the archive icon. The mail is archived and the attachment is archived too. But the original attachment with the full size is hanging at the archive mail shown in outlook!  (So, one attachment ist stored in outlook (exchange) and the same attachment ist stored in the vault!
The archiving runs once in the night and after that the backup (HP Data Protector) backups the Data. After Backup the icons changes from pending archive (with the clock symbol) to the archived icon. But the attachment is still the original .PDF or .PPT or something else.

The only troubleshooting i tried is to get the archived mail with attachment back to outlook and then delete the link to the archived e-mail in outlook and then put the e-mail manually into the vault. That runs without problems!

Udo.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
So let me get this right.

You are saying that on a nightly bases, Enterprise Vault Archives mails but does not archive attachments.
When you re-archive the same item manual it archives the item again and the shortcut does not show the attachment?

Well for the life of me, this is impossible........ cannot happen.

You would need to post a screen-shot of your shortcut policy as well as a screen-shot of outlook before and after an archive run, then the same screen-shot in outlook after a manual archive.

MichelZ
Level 6
Do you need any more assistance with this? If a post solved your problem, can you mark that as the Solution? Thanks & Regards Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.