Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 7.5 - Exchange 2010 Co-Existence

w-roc
Level 3
Partner

Hello All-

I've got a situation I was hoping to get some insight on.  We have an environment with EV2007, and Exchange 2007, where archving has been disabled now for some time - but clients still access archived data via Outlook client.  

The plan is to move to Exchange 2010 and re-hydrate archived mail to Exchange, but my question is to whether or not EV will need to be upgraded to support access to those archives.  I know EV2007 and Exchange 2010 wont work, but is that only for mailbox archiving tasks?  Will the existing stubs render properly to the Outlook clients if located on Exchange 2010 mailbox databases??

Thanks in advance!

roc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the challenge i see you having is that you wont be able to add your 2010 servers to EV as targets and therefor wont be able to create the mailbox archiving tasks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB

the challenge i see you having is that you wont be able to add your 2010 servers to EV as targets and therefor wont be able to create the mailbox archiving tasks.

w-roc
Level 3
Partner

Thanks for replying.  That's OK, as we're not going to be using EV Archiving on the 2010 system, but it'd be swell to be able to access EV archives on the EV2007 system, with mailboxes homed to Exchange 2010 mailbox servers.  My question is can you access EV 2007 based archives via Outlook stubs that were created on EV2007 but sit on a mailbox that is on an Exchange 2010 server.

AndrewB

ev addins and shortcuts wont work without EV knowing about the 2010 servers. if your shortcuts include a link (url) to the archived item then you might be in luck but that's still a 2-step process which your users might not be used to. so you need to add the 2010 servers as targets and add the mailbox archiving tasks but you can keep everything in report mode so no new data gets archived.