cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 8.0.2 Command Not Available when workin offline - Cached Exchange Mode

MASIV
Level 4
I apologize if this question has already been answered, but I found no answer when searching the forums.

We are running EV 8.0.2, Outlook 2003, Windows XP.

If Outlook is in cached exchange mode, archive explorer is not available.  When clicking the archive explorer button an error is returned "Command not available when working offline".
If cached exchange mode is turned off everything works fine.

This is a problem especially for our laptop users that travel.

Is there a fix for this?  I see questions regarding this going back to EV7.5 (EV2007) but I see no answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You definitely want to have VC enabled for laptop users.  I would even recommend Virtual Vault.  Your users will most likely not use AE if they have VV.

for the connection mode setting, you should probably set that to Respect connection for users without Vault Cache

Regards,
Tony

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
have you enabled vault cache?

What do you have set for AE in the policy?

Version 8.0
1. Within the Desktop Policy, check the Advanced settings tab, select Vault Cache from the drop down.
2. What is the value for Archive Explorer connection mode

MASIV
Level 4
I have vault cache disabled, but I am planning to enable this for laptop users.

Current Archive Explorer connection mode is Always Offline

TonySterling
You definitely want to have VC enabled for laptop users.  I would even recommend Virtual Vault.  Your users will most likely not use AE if they have VV.

for the connection mode setting, you should probably set that to Respect connection for users without Vault Cache

Regards,
Tony