cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 8.0 Architecture (Exchange)

Meg_G
Level 4
The company I work for just purchased EV 8.0.  I am new to this program (just did a trial install in a lab), and there is no budget for training.  I'm currently try to size my environment so it's setup properly.

Where I'm becoming confused is the overall architecture.  So many terms that are similar and so many databases have me confused.  Does anyone have an image or some sort that explains this?  So far I haven't seen anything concrete in the guides.  Would be easier to put all these puts to a picture :)  I'm using it for email archiving only.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I don't have an drawing sorry. Seeing as you don't know the product and you don't have money for training I not sure what you have for consultancy services because I highly recommend that you get an experienced EV consultant in to size the system for your environment. You can cause more harm than good if you don't size it correctly

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hello Megan,

First and foremost, state to management that you cannot be held accountable if the setup of EV does not match expectations.
This is not a product you can do a 'setup, next, next, next, finish, work' for.

You really have to consider what to install where, size, what are you archiving, sql etc.

In the purchase, was there some conmsulting included? If you get the setup and install done properly, you might (!!!) be able to figure it our yourself.

Have whoever authorized the purchase talk with the sales-engineer about EV complexity, I bet they'll find some money somewhere for a training.
Regards. Gertjan