EV 8.0 Database out of sync with Vault Stores

WelshPretender
Level 3
Setup:

EV 8.0
Windows 2003
SQL Server 2005 SP2

Hi,

I had a complete failure of one of my EV servers.  I have managed to recover the data after 3 months of trying to find it on messed up arcserve backup tapes (whole other issue) for the Vault stores however I am unable to get the databases to the same point in time.

One database is Journaling and the other is a mailbox store.  The mailbox store database is only out of sync by +12 hours and doesn't seem to be bringing up any errors in Event log.  The journaling mailbox had no valid backup is is out of sync by over a week and as such I get a mass of the following events:

EventID: 7116
Category: Storage File Watch

Failed to access file 'E:\Enterprise Vault Stores\MANJournal Vault Store 1 Ptn4\2009\09-02\A\114\A114C23413B80C7E767CD8698DB17861.DVS'.

Reason: The system cannot find the path specified.  [0x80070003]
Operation: READ
Reference: SDR/LF

Is there a way of getting the database back in line.  Do I need to go through each of these events and remove the entry from the DB?  If so what is the best way of removing these entries from the database?

Thanks in advance for any help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hello WelshPretender.

You might want to call support. With EV8, there is a tool called EVSVR, which might be helpfull. It is documented in the admin-guide I believe, but you might want to hear from the experts how to use it.

the tool basically can compare what is in the db to what you have on disk, and if necessary and possible, fix the db.

I have not (yet) had to use it. I did use the vsverify on ev7.5, which saved my db from being totally out of sync.

Gertjan
Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hello WelshPretender.

You might want to call support. With EV8, there is a tool called EVSVR, which might be helpfull. It is documented in the admin-guide I believe, but you might want to hear from the experts how to use it.

the tool basically can compare what is in the db to what you have on disk, and if necessary and possible, fix the db.

I have not (yet) had to use it. I did use the vsverify on ev7.5, which saved my db from being totally out of sync.

Gertjan
Regards. Gertjan

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
WelshPretender,

As GertjanA states use EVSVR to verify the extent of the loss, with that you can FIX issues or repair issues you have.  I would however suggest you get in contact with Symantec Support on this issue to help guide you through this process.  This is not one for the forum.

WelshPretender
Level 3
Hi,

Thanks for the replies,

I will raise the call now.

Gwave65
Level 3
Good luck with that.  I've been running EVSVR with "Advanced Support" for 2 months now with the same issue.  They basically threw me the documentation and archived the case.