Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 8.0 FSA not creating shortcut

Anthony_Ng
Level 4
Partner
Hi All,

I have a problem now which i hope someonecan help. I have created policy to archive one of my folder (UAT and testing) and i found out that the status for short cut is NotReadyForShortCut when i run in report mode.  I thought well is should be fine since it is on report but when i run the archived in normal mode, the status in my report is Short Cut Not Created and no place holder was created. I could not find much help on the net and hope someone can help me with this problem. Tks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Has the Vault Store Partition been backed up?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Has the Vault Store Partition been backed up?

PJuster
Level 5
Employee Accredited
This might be a silly question, but have you double checked your FSA policy ? as if your vault store partition is set to "after backup" then the report i think says awaitng backup.

Anthony_Ng
Level 4
Partner
Hi all,

Yupz, i set the vault store to "after backup" and i have done the backup to my vault store and re-run the archiving schedule. I have tried setting the vault store to Backup mode and re-run the archiving and short cut is created. Now my question is do i need to set to backup mode everytime i run my backup? Hope anyone can help. Tks.

Chris_Hall1
Level 3
Hi Anthony,

Backup mode sets the Vault and Index to 'read only' - this ensures no changes (writes) can be made during the backup

Chris

Anthony_Ng
Level 4
Partner
Hi,

So to say, i have to set my vault store to backup mode before i can re-run and create the shortcut?

Chris_Hall1
Level 3

Hi Anthony,

Which type of storage are you using for your Vault Stores ?

eg - NTFS (Windows) CIFS (NetApp) Centera etc

Chris