cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 8.0 Outlook client does not work with windows 2000 sp4???

Todd_Anderson
Level 4
We have just started to roll out the Outlook client to our users. We are using the HTTP only client and I have installed this on about 10 computers with windows xp pro, however when I attempted to install this on a computer running windows 2000 sp4 I got an error that it was not compatiable with this Opearting system. I found the Compatibility chart and I do see where it works with all other Service Packs on windows 2000 just not SP4. Does anyone know of a workaround, a hotfix or something? We do still have a lot of computers that run this OS and I don't understand why it would work with older service packs, but not the latest. PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks,

Todd Anderson
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Under the client section on page 35 EV 8 Client does not work with ANY version of Windows 2000.

ftp://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/276547.pdf

You can however use the EV 2007 client for those computers.

Regards

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

TonySterling
Under the client section on page 35 EV 8 Client does not work with ANY version of Windows 2000.

ftp://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/276547.pdf

You can however use the EV 2007 client for those computers.

Regards

Todd_Anderson
Level 4
So, I can use the EV 2007 client with EV 8.0? If this is correct that will be great. Now the question is, how can I get my hands on the 2007 client?

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Todd,

You can download 2007 SP5 from here:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/319944.htm

Yo can use the 2007 SP5 client with v8 server however you will not be able to use Offline Vault or Vault Cache.

--wayne

AFed
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hello Todd,

Are you sure that i could  use the 2007 SP5 client with v8 server ? is-it a supported configuration ?

Thx

TonySterling
Yes, it is.  Check page 9 for the compatiblitly doc link I posted earlier.

Regards,

TonySterling
new link for the compatibility list, not sure what is up with the other one. ;)

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/276547.htm

Todd_Anderson
Level 4
Thank you all for your help!!! I have downloaded 2007 sp5 and will try and install this later, I will let you know how it turns out.

Todd_Anderson
Level 4
I installed the EV 2007 client on the windows 2000sp4 computers and it worked perfectly...I knew you guys would have a workaround for me, this saved us a lot of work. Thanks for the help!!

Todd.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi Todd,

Glad to hear your issue is resolved.  Please mark this thread as resolved on Tonys post.

--wayne