cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 8.0 SP3 & Move Archive Link

Mojorsn
Level 5
I downloaded the 8.0 SP3 software today, and when I clicked on the link in the updates_en.htm document for more information on Move Archive it is a broken link.  Does anyone have the correct link for this new feature?  Thanks.

Tom
17 REPLIES 17

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 Tom,

As far as I know the Move Archive will not function in SP3 they have some work to Finnish on it yet

Mojorsn
Level 5
This is listed as a new feature in the updates page in the SP3 documentation.  So does anyone know for sure if this was or wasn't included and if so where the document is?

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified

The links should be updated shortly.  SP3 went out a little earlier then expected and the links have to be published.

The jist of what that TechNote will say is

The Move Archive wizard for Enterprise Vault 8.0 SP3 is not yet available.

Check back later, or subscribe to this TechNote, to be notified as soon as the Move Archive wizard is available.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
As I said it wont be available yet. It will become available soon, there is a delay in the release of this option.

Chances are it will be released in the form of something like a hotfix or maybe in SP4

They have some small informational issues with it that they need to correct before making it available on the VAC

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited
hmm, dissapointing. this was the main reason we were going to upgrade to SP3.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
LInk does work now

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi all,

To be able to use the feature, contact your Programm Manager, ask for the early adapter program for Move Archive.
The functionality is there in SP3, but needs to be carefully executed and explained.

Gertjan
Regards. Gertjan

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Its been there since SP2 :p

GertjanA
How and where?

Gertjan
Regards. Gertjan

MichelZ
Level 6
Hidden, you can enable it with registry hacks.

But that's confidential information on how to do it, and not supported :(

Cheers

GertjanA
In holland we call this:

' Pleasing someone with a dead bird'

ie. I know, but I cannot tell.

Well, upgrading to SP3 then !

Thx.

GJ
Regards. Gertjan

MichelZ
Level 6
I don't know how to do it neither... :(
But we have archive shuttle which does the job ;)

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Legally not allowed to tell.... there is a difference

GertjanA
There is indeed a difference.

Thanks guys. I'll upgrade our demoenvironment next week to SP3, take it from there.
Regards. Gertjan

rick_krieger
Level 5
Employee Accredited
If you have an urgent need for more information on this in the meantime contact your RPM (if you know who/what that is;) and we can talk to you more about this offline.  If you don't know who your RPM is then let me know and I'll point you in the right direction. 

Thanks,
Rick

NilsV
Level 3
Partner
It's been about 10 weeks since you posted the hang-in-there post ... Today I see the technote has changed to reflect that the wizard will be included in SP4, which means another upgrade.

I could really use this wizard today, since moving a set of PFA archives with autoenabling turned on is a bit of a pain. How long will it take for this to become available? The longer we wait, the more data needs to be moved ..

rick_krieger
Level 5
Employee Accredited
NIlsV, thanks for your interest in this feature and can understand your sense of urgency.  We are working very hard to deliver this feature asap.  I have sent you a message via Symantec Connect to see if we can connect you with someone from our RPM group in your area who can work with you in more detail on your needs.