cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 8 SP 4 & Exchange 2007 OWA Toolbar Buttons

CZortman
Level 2

Goal

I have a test enviroment set up (internal connectivity only).  I am attmepting to upgade from EV 2007 SP 5.

Enviroment:

Exchange 2007 on Windows 2008

2 2003 EV 8 SP 4 (one is used for journaling)

Problem

I can not retrieve by double clicking on a message, or restore an Item from the EV toolbar buttons.  I can however restore from outlook add-in and from OWA when view original message.  I do not see anything in the log. 

I have verified the EVAnon directory and only anony is selected.  I also have viewed the web.config on exchange.  I lengthened the timeouts in fear that i may have been timing out b/c of a downgraded test enviroment.

I created the EVanon user in AD

i ran the owauser script

Intalled the OWA 64 bit Extentions on exchange

Need any other info?

3 REPLIES 3

CZortman
Level 2

Also my exchange server has all roles on a single server. 

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

ok so when you attempt to double click an item it should have a bar at the top saying something went wrong trying to retrieve that item, if you click the bar what does it say?

Also i see you have logging enabled, what does the log say?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

CZortman
Level 2

I allowed anonymous on the EWS VD and now when i double click an archived message it does not say that the item in unavailable.  I can now double click a message, which opens to the view original message link. Is this correct?  Also basic and integrated windows is selected.  I will check the logging once more.

EV buttons still do not work however.  It just does nothing.