cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 9.0.1 HTTP Addin to compatible with Outlook 2010

djharvey
Level 2

Hi, 

I'm having issues with the EV 9.0.1.1073 HTTP-Only addin in Outlook 2010.

The addin installed and worked perfectly under Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 v 14.0.5128.5000 (64-bit).

But after installing on Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 v 14.0.4760.1000 (32-bit) i get the error:

There are no updates available for this version of Outlook.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shuxclams
Level 3

I got the patch for the Outlook Clients from Symantec Support. It worked like a charm.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

maj_rif
Level 4

According to compatibilty guide, 

1. Requires Enterprise Vault 9.0.1 or later service pack. Outlook 2010 support requires the Enterprise Vault HTTP-Only Outlook Add-In.
  2. The Enterprise Vault 9.0.1 HTTP-Only Outlook Add-In is supported with Outlook 2010 against Enterprise Vault
    8.0 SP4 and SP5 servers, and against Enterprise Vault 9.0.0 servers. However, a hotfix is required for the
    Enterprise Vault 8.0 SP4 servers and for the Enterprise Vault 9.0 servers:
    For Enterprise Vault 8.0 SP4: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH14157For Enterprise Vault 9.0: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH141669     ---------------No hotfix is required for Enterprise Vault 8.0 SP5 or later servers.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

What were the exact steps you followed from the working office x64, back to the "non-working" office 32 bit?

When you uninstalled office, did you uninstall the EV addin?  If not, then I suspect that's the problem.. if you had 64 bit office, and then installed EV Outlook Addin we will have dropped 64 bit binaries on to the system.  So when you uninstall office, you need to uninstall the EV Outlook Addin.

Working for cloudficient.com

djharvey
Level 2

The EV Server is 9.0.1.1073

The 64 bit and 32 bit PCs are two different computers, so i didn't uninstall and change to a different version. The 32 bit outlook had never had EV installed on it in any capacity, so this was a fresh install of the 9.0.1 http-only addin.

As an interesting note, i did get the same addin working on the same 32 bit version of Outlook, but on a Windows XP Pro computer instead of Windows 7 Pro.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay so what versions of Windows, bit-ness, and Office version and bitness worked, and what didn't?

worldzfree
Level 4

i had this issue too.  i had to force mailbox synchronizations to make it go away.

shuxclams
Level 3

Where do I find the patch! FileConnect doesnt list anything and LU doesnt download anything....

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Which patch are you referring to?

mmohr
Level 3
Certified

It seems these regkeys are missing:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Outlook.Application]
@="Microsoft Outlook 14.0 Object Library"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Outlook.Application\CLSID]
@="{0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Outlook.Application\CurVer]
@="Outlook.Application.14"

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

mmohr -> I'd suggest starting a new forum thread, and listing the steps that were taken to get to the point where those registry keys were missing (the last one will lead the Outlook Addin to assume that the Outlook version isn't correct)

shuxclams
Level 3

I got the patch for the Outlook Clients from Symantec Support. It worked like a charm.