cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 9.0.2 - Event IDs 6469, 6578 & 6629 (after applying hotfixes)

E-MC2
Level 3
Partner Accredited

During last week the following hotfixes were applied to our Enterprise Vault (EV) Journaling  Archiving server, which is on 9.0.2.

• EV 9.0.2 Hotfix - E-tracks 2495932 & 2217899
  • EV 9.0.2 Hotfix - Converter Updates 2654150

Since then, EV has been logging  a large number of errors (6469, 6578 and 6629), which pertain to file conversion. To stop these errors from filling the event logs, the following files have been excluded from being converted: Doc, Docx, Pdf, Ppt, Xls, and Xlsx by means of using the registry key ExcludedFileTypesFromConversion. This does mitigate the majority of the entries, but there are still errors being reported for .rtf files, which have not been excluded.

On the contrary, the same hotfixes were applied to the EV Aailbox Archiving server, but it is very rarely that these errors are reported on that server.

After reviewing the Event logs and DTrace, my research revealed the following:

Has anyone on this version of EV (9.0.2) experienced this issue? If so, what have you done to overcome it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Best suggestion is to call support, those are a lot of items that you've stopped from being converted to html, and is going to break compliance/discovery

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Best suggestion is to call support, those are a lot of items that you've stopped from being converted to html, and is going to break compliance/discovery

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

Could you please upload the Dtrace log which you have taken on the affected EV Server..

EdLacey
Level 5
Certified

I'll admit I had similar issue before because I didn't read the installation instructions properly and therefore didn't apply the hotfix correctly. Please take a amoment to reread the installation instructions for the Converter updates and confirm you applied the hotfix exactly as per the instructions.

E-MC2
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thank you for your feedback, I shall do what you suggested, and let you know what the outcome is.